Utility bills are issued quarterly:
Register for Online Services
Our online services provide residents the convenience of viewing and receiving their utility account details online. When you sign up, you will no longer receive a paper copy in the mail.
If you have any questions please contact the Finance Department at 250-485-6200 or email email@example.com.
Contact the Utility Technician for consumption, meter or billing inquiries at 250-485-6253.
The Town office mailing address is Box 638, Oliver, BC V0H 1T0
You will need to add the Town of Oliver as a “payee” as follows:
- Search for OLIVER (ensure it is Oliver, BC), then choose from the drop down for utilities or property taxes.
- For Utilities enter the 13 digit account number (without spaces) shown on the top left hand corner of your utility bill located under the Town of Oliver phone and fax numbers.
- For Property Taxes, enter the 11 digit account number (without spaces) shown on top right corner of your property tax notice.
If you are making payments online, please insure that you are paying the correct account (Utilities versus Property Taxes) and the correct account number. Misallocated payments will only be corrected on a one-time basis. Subsequent payment adjustments will be subject to a $25.00 administration fee.
The Town does not consider a postmark or a teller stamp as proof of payment.
Cash, cheques and debit cards are accepted
Credit cards are not accepted
*New* E-Transfer now accepted
Add Town of Oliver as a New Recipient
- Send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Security question and answer – use Oliver for both
*The Town of Oliver is registered for Autodeposit and will not need to answer a security question to deposit funds.
- *IMPORTANT* – The message must include the following to ensure your payment gets applied to the correct account:
– 13 digit Utility account number, or
– 11 digit Property Tax folio, or
– Invoice number, for Business Licence and Accounts Receivable
– Please include a contact email address
For detailed instructions, click here or contact the Finance Department.
Pre-authorized payment for Utility Bills is available. Click Here for more information.
The utility account number is linked to the property. If you have sold or purchased your property Land Titles will notify the Finance Department with the updated information.
The Town of Oliver, no longer accepts mailing address changes.
If you require a mailing address change, please contact BC Assessment at 1-866-825-8322 or complete the online address change form. Click Here
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are moving within Oliver and you pay your property taxes and utilities online, you MUST update your bank payee with new property tax and utility account numbers. Otherwise, your payments will go to your previous property.
Your meter is radio transmitted. The reader drives down your street and information automatically transmits to a mobile device located in the vehicle. The meter is read every month.
Read Your Meter
Read your meter by shining a bright flashlight on the digital display. The last four digits on the right are decimal places. Look at the numbers on the left of the decimal.
Click Here for detailed instructions on how to read your water meter.
Identify A Leak
If you receive a ‘leak letter’ in the mail please investigate or call a plumber to assist with locating a leak. The Town of Oliver cannot tell you what is leaking within your home or business.