Comfort Letters provide information on land use items such as the current zoning, building permit records, business licence records etc.
They are most commonly requested by Law firms or Real Estate Agents wanting to know the current status of a property before the finalization of a property sale.
Frequently Asked Questions
Complete the Comfort Letter Request below or submit a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the request is received an invoice will be created for payment.
The fee for a Comfort Letter is $150 payable to the Town of Oliver. Please submit your request first before making payment as an invoice will be created for payment.
Allow up to 10 working days, per property, from receipt of payment to process the request. Note: requests cannot be processed until payment has been received.
The Development Services Department cannot provide the following information but suggest that you contact these Agencies to assist you with further inquiries. For information regarding:
- Any infractions and investigations, including those under the Town of Oliver Safe Premises Bylaw, may require a Freedom of Information request. Click Here
- Any charges (such as Restrictive Covenant, Statutory Rights-of-way, Covenants, Easements, etc.) registered against a property should be directed to the Land Titles Office www.ltsa.ca or 1-877-577-5872.
- Health regulations including on-site septic and private wells should be directed to Interior Health at 250-469-7070 or Ministry of Health at 1-800-663-7867 or EnquiryBC@gov.bc.ca.
- Site contamination, non-compliance with laws and regulations governing environmental matter, should be directed to the Ministry of Environment at EnquiryBC@gov.bc.ca or 1-800-663-7867.
- Electrical safety should be directed to the Technical Safety BC at email@example.com or 1-866-566-7233.