Postponement of Events – Council Meetings
For Immediate Release
March 17, 2020
To support national, provincial and regional efforts to contain and control the spread of COVID-19, the Town of Oliver has made the decision to postpone upcoming open houses and the Spirit of Oliver event. The decision follows warnings from the Provincial Government to avoid mass gatherings of 50 people or more. A re-evaluation of when to hold the open houses and Spirit of Oliver events will be made at a later date.
Open Houses – postponed
- Transit Future Action Plan scheduled for April 3, 2020 at the Medicis
- Gallagher Lake Siphon Repair schedule for April 21, 2020 at the Oliver Community Hall
Spirit of Oliver – postponed
- Reception – scheduled for April 15, 2020 at Frank Venables Theatre
- Award Breakfast – scheduled for April 24, 2020 at Oliver Community Hall
Out of an abundance of caution, the Town is encouraging residents to view upcoming Council meetings using the webcasting service which can be accessed here
While public reception areas at Town Hall and the Public Works Yards remain open, residents are strongly encouraged to conduct business with staff by phone or email.
- Town Hall – 250 485 6200 – email@example.com
- Public Works – 250 485 6213 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the Town of Oliver’s website for updates – www.oliver.ca > What’s Happening > COVID-19.
Cathy Cowan, CAO
Town of Oliver
250 485 6200