Hotel Development Opportunity
The Town of Oliver is a growing small community yet lacks mid- to upscale hotels and resorts with meeting space and amenities to compete with those situated in the neighbouring communities of Osoyoos and Penticton. We have a number of viable hotel sites within the Town Centre.
The Hotel Market Study that the Town commissioned, included an Economic Feasibility Analysis, which outlines strong opportunity to grow the hospitality and tourism industry in Oliver.
As current economics for a stand-alone hotel development can be challenging, the Town Council has established development incentives such as; Residential Development Component, Property Tax Exemption for Improvements, which for a hotel development allows for a ten-year exemption from municipal taxes, Infrastructure Costs, and Public Office Space.
Please refer to “Hotel Development” documents below or Chief Administrative Officer, Cathy Cowan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250 485 6202 for more information.
- Request for Qualifications Hotel Development Opportunity
- Oliver Hotel Market & Feasibility Analysis (December 2012)
- OCP Excerpt - Wine Village DP Guidelines (November 2008)
- Wine Village Concept Plan (October 2008)
- Zoning C3 Town Centre Schedule
- Revitalization Tax Exemption Bylaw 1328
- Wine Village-Geotechnical Report (December 2005)
- Survey Plan EPP31652, showing detailed dimensions of the development site